Every Christmas my family and I have a prime rib for our holiday meal. We usually end up with leftovers. One of my favorite ways to use up the leftover prime rib is making a delicious prime rib stew.
It’s super simple and delicious!
Our prime rib stew is filled with hearty flavors, including vegetables like carrots, celery, and other mixed vegetables. There are hints of delicious herbs, like parsley and thyme, garlic, and red wine.
This is the perfect soup for a quick, easy leftover meal during the holidays or if you are looking for a comforting meal during the colder seasons.
Prime Rib Stew
- Slow cooker (6 quarts)
- 2 tbsp beef soup base
- 4 large potatoates, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups cooked rpime rib, cubed add to your liking
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 pinch salt and ground peper add to your liking
- 5 cups water
- ½ cup ketchup
- Add the water and beef base into your slow cooker then stir well.
- Add the prim rib, frozen begetables, ptoatoes, onions, celery, carrots, gerlic, red wine, ketchup, parsley, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat setting until the vegetables are tender for about 6 hours.