Every summer we grow tomatoes and make my favorite summer recipe – Bruschetta!
Summer is the perfect time to make bruschetta because tomatoes are fresh. I consider this one of the main ingredients for a great tasting bruschetta!
Bruschetta is really simple to make. You only need basic ingredients. The only tedious part of preparing this recipe is slicing and dicing up all of the ingredients.
Try this delicious tomato basil bruschetta recipe yourself!
Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Cooking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- 1-2 pounds cherry tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 purple onion chopped
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1-2 baguette loaves French bread
- cheddar or mozzarella cheese sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅛ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ⅛ cup balsalmic vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt add to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F or use the broiler setting on your oven to toast the sliced baguette pieces.
- Slice the tomatoes and put them into a mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper, olive oil, balsalmic ,onion, basil, and garlic. Toss together then let it marinate.
- Slice the cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- Slice your baguette into diagonal pieces. You lightly brush the baugette pieces with olive oil.
- Place the baguette slices in a single layer on the baking sheet then bake them on the middle rack for 6 to 9 minutes. Cook them until they are crispy and golden on top. You may also use your oven's broiler setting to toast the bauggette slices quickly.
- When you are ready to serve, each person will top each toasted baguette piece with the bruchetta mixture and slices of cheese. Bruschetta can be served also with lightly drizzling balsamic vinegar.
Did you try this recipe?
Let us know what you thought about the recipe in the comments. How did it turn out for you? How do you like to prepare your bruschetta?