Filling the kids’ Easter basket with chocolate can mean chocolate bunnies, marshmallow treats, and jelly beans. But if you are looking to cut back on the sugary candy, you’re going to need some creative Easter basket stuffer ideas.
Easter basket gifts never have to be big or extravagant. My kids always love digging through their Easter baskets and discovering the little treasures and trinkets inside, even if they are simple press-on-tattoos or a few coins for their piggy banks.
If you are wanting some new ways to fill your kids’ Easter baskets with some fun ideas, check out these Easter basket stuffer ideas for kids that go beyond the traditional sugary sweets!
Books are always a great gift to help encourage your kids to read. You can include a few interesting and fun books in their basket.
- Easter books so the kids can learn about the celebration.
- Comic books
- Favorite magazine subscription or issue
- Storybooks for young children or a collection of novels for older kids
Gift Cards are always a welcome treat and easy for your kids to have a choice at picking something they like.
- iTunes, Spotify, XBOX Live, Netflix, Hulu, or any other online entertainment platform.
- Favorite store for a fun shopping trip
- Favorite restaurant or fast food
If your child has a hobby they like to do or something new you’d like to introduce to your kids, filling their Easter basket with these goodies is a great start.
- Small musical instruments, such as a recorder, tambourine, maracas. You can pair an instrument with a lesson book.
- Jewelry-making kits to create homemade bracelets or necklaces.
- Collectable cards such as baseball, Pokémon, or even start a coin collection.
- Disposable camera—these classic cameras are fun!
- If your child has something they are strongly interested fill their basket with it. For instance, if you have a little artist fill their basket with paints, paintbrushes, and canvases. If your child is a baker, get cute oven mitts, a bag of flour and a unique shaped pan.
Getting a new piece of clothing of accessory to wear back to school can be exciting for both boys and girls. Add something new to their closet when you fill their Easter basket.
- Headbands, bows, hair accessors, hats, etc.
- Crazy and colorful socks, Easter-themed is a great idea.
- A new piece of clothing or a whole new outfit.
While it might be spring time, the weather is getting nicer. Get your kids excited with summertime gifts in their baskets.
- Pool toys, googles, and themed beach towel
- Beach bucket and shovel
- A kite to fly at a beach or a nearby park
You can gift your children a fun exciting day that also includes the whole family. Pick a date ahead of time so the event doesn’t get pushed off.
- Tickets to a sport’s game, a movie, a concert, a play, or some other event the family would love.
- All-day family pass to an indoor pool.
- A bike ride or hike at a nearby park
- Trip to a nearby town for lunch, shopping, and ice cream.
Games & Other Items
Occupy your children with some fun games or other activities to keep them busy during a vacation or even during Easter day.
- Stuffed animal or baby doll
- Toy figurines, barbie dolls, or action figures.
- Coloring books and crayons
- Journal and pen set