Kids average 6–8 colds a year and most of them happen during the dreaded months of November through February, which means these months can really suck! Sorry.
Enter mom of four and health coach, Melissa Evans… When her daughter had a bad sore throat, she couldn’t find anything that she felt comfortable with – cough drops and lozenges posed a risk for choking and, for the most part, contained chemicals like artificial colors, flavors and ingredients. She then came up with the idea for a worry-free, healthier, effective and fun alternative for kids, which is Lolleez, an organic throat-soothing lollipop. Now, sick days don’t have to completely suck!
What makes Lolleez different are the ingredients – Lolleez are made from USDA Certified Organic ingredients and ingredients you can pronounce and understand, like organic honey and natural fruit pectin. They are also Non-GMO as well as gluten, dairy and nut free. The pops are made in a worry-free shape – Lolleez are flat and on a stick versus a round ball, which is a potential choking hazard. Lolleez comes in three delicious kid (and adult) friendly flavors: Watermelon, Strawberry and Orange Mango.
Lolleez are available at Target, CVS and on Amazon. The pops come in packs of 15: Watermelon, Strawberry, Orange Mango and a Variety Pack for a suggested retail price of $6.99.
While getting sick isn’t completely unavoidable, as schools and indoor parks are germy to say the least, there are a few things that we can do to help prevent sickness and here are Melissa Evans’ Top 5:
- The washing of hands is the most important for preventing and not spreading sickness. Teaching kids how to lather the soap and hit each part of their hands is key. My kids all sing the Happy Birthday Song while they wash to make it fun and extend the process.
- We teach our kids that sharing is caring, but not during cold and flu season…encourage your kiddos not to share pens/pencils, iPads, drinks, etc. during this germy time.
- The early darkness in the winter helps me to get the kids in bed a little early, which is so important because their little bodies need more restorative rest. Exercise and a well-balanced diet also help to keep immune systems strong.
- Teach your littles to keep away from the handrails – all the little hands that hold onto stairway or hallway rails are covered in germs. Teach your child to avoid them or, if they need the assistance, to wash their hands when they’re back in their classroom.
- Make covering their mouths with their arm when they cough or sneeze mandatory…also no digging for gold either…yuck.
Also, Momeez Choice, the parent company of Lolleez just announced the birth sibling brand, Tumeez, Organize Tummy Soothing Lollipops for Kids! Tumeez was created to help ease and relieve heartburn, acid indigestion and an upset tummy. Tummez, now available at select CVS drugstores and on Amazon, is a USDA Certified Organic, worry-free way to help make being sick a little less crummy. Tumeez are infused with delicious USDA Certified Organic ingredients with 200mg of calcium carbonate and a small dose of organic honey, both known to help alleviate common stomach ailments. The pops are also Non-GMO as well as gluten, dairy and nut free. Tumeez are made in a worry-free shape is flat and on a stick versus a round ball, which is a potential choking hazard. Tumeez come in a variety pack of two delicious kid (and adult) friendly flavors: Grape and Apple.
Click here to visit Momeez Choice website.
Click here to Like Lolleez on Facebook.
Click here to Follow Lolleez on Instagram.
WIN: 24/7 Moms and Lolleez are giving away a Lolleez Prize Package.
Enter for a chance to win using the Rafflecopter entry form below. For every entry you do it’s an extra entry to win.
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on December 15, 2018.
Disclaimer: I have teamed up with Lolleez in support of this campaign. We received compensation for participation in this campaign. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.