Having a backyard garden gives you an opportunity to have fresh fruits and vegetables for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are all sorts of things added in the fields that are used for commercial farming, which is the reason that people are nowadays getting attracted towards organic products. But, you are having a garden of your own, so you don’t have to worry about anything. You can sow different kinds of vegetables and fruits in the garden depending on the weather conditions, and ensure optimum health of yourself and your family. Today, we are going to discuss a pizza recipe, which consists of those ingredients that people mostly grow in the backyard kitchen.
The name of the recipe is ‘Sun crest Gardens Farm’s Pesto Pizza’. Let us now get into the details of this recipe.
I will use kale in this pesto pizza, but if you want, you can use spinach, arugula or basil, depending on what you like.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes.
Baking Time: 15-19 minutes.
Cooling Time: 5 minutes.
Total Time: 1-1:15 hours
Diameter of pizza: 13-15 inches
- One 12 or 14-inch whole wheat pizza dough.
- 1 cup (4 oz.) mozzarella cheese (shredded).
- 1/3 cup Kale pesto or basil pesto.
- 2 medium sized fresh garden heirloom tomatoes (you can choose any type of your choice).
- One teaspoon pizza seasoning.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and then, place whole wheat crust for 8-10 minutes or until it becomes light brown. As soon as it turns light brown, take it out from the oven.
- Now, spread Kale Pesto over the whole wheat crust evenly and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese afterward. Cut tomatoes in slices using Chicago knife set and arrange those over cheese. Finally, sprinkle some pizza seasoning on the top of the crust.
- Again, place the pizza crust in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the crust gets brown and crispy. Once it gets brown and crispy, take it out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for five minutes.
- Cut as many slices as you want and enjoy this amazing pizza that is made from fresh ingredients.
How to prepare Kale Pesto?
- 1 oz., fresh kale.
- 8 cups water.
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts.
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or olive oil.
- ½ cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- ½ tsp salt.
- 2 large cloves garlic, quartered.
- Remove leaves from Kale stems and then, rinse the leaves. Take a pan and bring water to boil. Add leaves to water and keep the pan on the flame until leaves get tender.
- Then, rinse the leaves under cold running water and drain well. Take multiple paper towels and wrap leaves in them. Squeeze the towels to extract all the excess moisture. Coarsely chop the leaves and put it in two cups.
- Now, take a blender or a food processor and add chopped kale, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, walnuts, and salt. Blend all the ingredients until you get a thick, consistent paste. Blend it at a medium to low speed and add olive oil in between to get a butter-like consistency.
- If you don’t want to serve pesto immediately, then take 5 cups and fill 1/3 of each of those cups with pesto and store it in the refrigerator for a couple of days or for 3 months. It won’t get stale.
This was about Suncrest gardens pesto pizza. Do let us know regarding this recipe in the comments section below.
Author Bio: Monica Henin, the author of this blog post is a reputed blogger and a food expert. She has written numerous blogs and articles on ‘healthy recipes’ and ‘food tips’, some of which can be found at www.addonkitchen.com.