The school year is back in sessions. You might have recently sent your first kid off to college or sent your kid back to college. Either way you probably are missing them already and wonder how they are doing. They are missing you too, trust me.
To know you are thinking about them, you might want to be doing something special for them. Care packages are a great way to send them some love. These packages can be filled with a variety of things.
Here are some care package ideas for your college students!
The Necessary Items
- Personal care (shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, etc.)
- Stain removal pen or spray
- Dust cloths
- Sewing kit
- First aid kit
- Duct tape
- Small flashlight
- School supplies (highlighters, pens, mechanical pencils)
- Laundry pods
- Phone charging cords
The Fun Items
Add a bit of your college student’s favorite items.
- Favorite snacks (cookies, fried fruit, popcorn, nuts etc.)
- Packs of coffee, cocoa mix, tea
- Favorite candies or gum
Add other things just because you miss them
- Gift cards (favorite clothing store, grocery, restaurant, iTunes, etc.)
- An item you see that makes you think of them
- A fun book to read
- Holiday or fun dorm room decorations
From the Heart
- Notes of encouragement
- Inspirational quotes
- A photo of the family
Here are some fun themed care packages you might want to try doing from Pinterest (click here). It’s always fun to do a theme for your college student, especially with holidays you might be celebrating!