Quick-and-simple meals are what every mom dream of, especially when the clock strikes 5:00pm and you have no idea what you will feeding your family for dinner. Several years ago I made a list of my Quick-and-simple meals using items that I regularly purchase at Costco.
Her are my 6 Favorite Costco quick-and-simple meals
1. Chicken/Cheese Quesadillas – We purchase the Kirkland pre-cooked, grilled chicken breast. It comes in a 2 pack in the deli/refrigerated food section. I sauté the chicken in taco seasoning , then place it on flour tortillas with shredded cheese. Then grill it in a frying pan or griddle to melt the cheese and chicken. Serve with salad, chips, salsa and fresh fruit.
2. BBQ Beef sandwiches – The BBQ beef comes already in its own sauce. You can find this 2-pack (box) in the deli/refrigerated section. We heat up the BBQ beef then place on toasted hoagie rolls. Serve with either fries or chips and some fresh fruit.
3. Rotisserie Chicken – You purchase this fully cooked chicken already hot and ready to eat. Serve with salad and mashed potatoes (instant to keep it simple).
4. Pizza – The easiest $9.99 meal. They are HUGE.
5. Frozen Lasagna – You can find these in the frozen food section in a 2-pack. Serve with French bread, salad and steamed green beans. (These do take a while to bake, so plan ahead.)
6. Chicken Pot Pie – Large enough to feed my family of 7. It is a seasonal item, but I have successfully frozen it, thawed it out and baked it with rave Novotny kid reviews. This is found in the meat section of the prepared food department. (This takes 1½ hours to bake.)
Do you have a simple COSTCO meal your family loves? Comment and share it with the 24/7 MOMS.