2. TEACH Independence- Tie shoes, potty training, riding a bike, expand boundaries; take a babysitting course, Drivers Education.
3. TEACH Practical Life Skills- Learn to cook/ clean/ sew (sewing on a button), gardening, open a checking account.
4. TEACH Responsibility-Learn to pick up after themselves, create homes for belongings, giveweekly responsibilities to help things run smoothly-laundry, cookingdinner, cleaning up backyard/bedroom.
5. TEACH Family Values- Implement a Family Night, game night or devotional night as a family.
6. TEACH Fun-do the unexpected, ice cream for lunch or dinner or backwards dinner-dessert first then main meal, flashlight tag, play practicaltrick-rearrange bedrooms, or do something fun together -take a potterypainting class, learn to bowl, take tennis lessons together, go on agirls’ day out or date your sons.
7. TEACH to the Imagination-schedule uninterrupted play….one day without TV, games, electronicdevices… bring out the paper, colored pencils, paint. Prepare a dressup box. Read a book together about pirates or Christopher Columbia andsail away on a boat…the sky is the limit, create a high school memorybook, or learn a new craft- knitting or beading.
What do you want to TEACH your child this summer?