Book Review: “The God Puzzle”, by Valerie Ackermann
Reviewed by Amy Hannold, 247Moms.com
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
– ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
– can be done at any pace that works with your family…every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there…it fits into realistic family life
– puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
– in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
– any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot about God can start teaching their child today
– deep theology put into language a child can understand
– deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
– put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to
– child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles
The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friendly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way that will hold the child’s attention and deliver quality teaching with nopreparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn’t working. Sunday School isn’t doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them
Purchase your copy:
Family packs of the God Puzzle book on sale for 2, 3 or 4 kids- start the new year off getting deep into God’s Word with your kids!
To learn more about the book, and for more inspiration on leading your kids to God, visit the author’s Facebook page:
About the Author: Valerie Ackermann has a BA in Theology and has been a full time Children’s Ministry Director at Parkwood
Community Church in California for over 10 years. She is also a weekly Sunday school teacher, wife, and busy mom of two boys ages 9 and 11. She has hands-on experience as a children’s ministry professional, teaching and leading children of all ages.
Growing up in a Christian family in the small town of Saskatchewan Canada, she has wonderful memories of knowing God from an
early age. She has a passion for kids to know the deep truths of
Find out more at LeadMeToGod.com.
Parents, if you’re short on time but desire to lead your kids to God, this book, “The God Puzzle” is for you. Perhaps you don’t know what
words to use or how to go about explaining the bible and its truths to your children – Valerie Ackermann, with her years of experience as
a children’s ministry professional, exceptionally provides you with all you need. For Christmas and to begin 2014, “The God Puzzle” would make a lasting, meaningful gift to your whole family.
My daughter and I have begun a journey through this book and the bible. Our time together with this book and each other has become
something we look forward to everyday. We’re both learning more about God, the truths of the bible and how we can apply it to our lives
today. For families with multiple children, the book is written for ages 7-12. In sharing this book with other children, I’ve found that
it does engage each child at their level, without boring older kids or leaving the younger ones out of the learning.
I was very impressed with the illustrations, which are attractive and relatable. This book keeps a child’s attention with its variety of
activities, which are different from one lesson to the next. There’s a great mix of bible reading, life application, thought-provoking
questions, conversation starters and fun puzzles. “The God Puzzle” offer so much for families, I’m truly excited about sharing it with
others. It’s the book I wish I had years ago and am so glad to have.
*This book was provided to me for my honest review by LitFuse Publicity Group
You can read more reviews of this book HERE: http://litfusegroup.com/author/vackermann