The Mighty League, Vol. 1: The Terrible Taunting Storybook APP
Created as interactive APPfor iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android (phones/tablets), Kindle Fire, Nook, PC, and Mac, Geek Club Books presents a children’s storybook series about a real-life aspie superhero’s quest to be “normal” and a family who wants him to be anything but.
This INTERACTIVE storybook app is based on the real JMan, Jonathan Murphy, and his REAL LIFE adventures growing up with ASPERGER’S SYNDROME. Written by his sister, Molly Murphy, and narrated by Jonathan, the story is told by someone who sees his world from a very unique perspective. It promotes SELF-ACCEPTANCE, AWARENESS, and an UNDERSTANDING for others who are different.
The adorkable JMan and his plucky hedgehog sidekick, Mr. Redge, are the unstoppable, secret superhero team who save a classmate from the poking pranks of Dr. Evil Touch! Join this quirky duo on their quest to stop a bully, make the school playground a peaceful place, and more importantly, make a new friend who likes crime fighting, capes, and karate, too. Discover JMan’s hidden notebook on each page about what it’s like to be an Aspie. Ages 5 – 11
- GIRL POWER option! You can change the superhero, JMan, into super-heroine, Jaycee.
- Touch Mr. Redge on every page and a SECRET NOTEBOOK pops up with age-appropriate information on Aspergers Syndrome, being different, and bullying.
- Over 70 INTERACTIVE SOUNDS AND ANIMATIONS-including capes waving, speech bubbles, character movements, and more.
- Original “I’m Unique, I’m a Geek” THEME SONG by award-winning children’s performing artist, AndyZ
- Easy to use navigation, customization, and page turning effects.
- Narration with word highlighting, self-read, or record your own narration options.
Curriculum – Pragmatics – Social Skills Opportunites
* Opens exploration and discussions about feeling different, accepting others with differences, autism spectrum, bullying and conflict resolution.
* Enhances students’ awareness of Aspergers Syndrome.
* Resource for school counselors and Gift and Talented teachers as a group Social Issues study.
* SLP/SLPA tool for pragmatic and social skills groups.
* APP and its curriculum include student-friendly objectives, Common Core State Standards, upper levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, cross-curricular subjects, and technology.
Click here to visit Geek Club Books.
Click here to Like Geek Club Books on Facebook.
WIN: 24/7 MOMS and Geek Club Books are giving away The Mighty League, Vol. 1: The Terrible Taunting Storybook APP to 5 Winners.
Enter for a chance to win using the Rafflecopter entry form below. For every entry you do it’s an extra entry to win.
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on November 23, 2013.