Whether it’s your first trip or your tenth trip to visit Mickey and all his friends at Disney World, you will discover 1 or 2 new tips from this list of 101 Best Disney World Tips we found over at Couponing to Disney. This list include some of the best kept Disney secrets, advice on how to make the most of your Disney World vacation and tips on how to save money and avoid long lines.
Here is a sample of the 101 Best Disney World Tips
1. Most resort rooms allow for 4 adults plus a crib baby under 3. So if you have 3 children but your youngest is under 3, you can still stay in a room that sleeps four. Disney will even provide the Pack and Play for FREE!
2. The biggest difference between the pools at the Value and Moderate resorts is the water slide. Value resorts don’t have one! So if you love to swim, you might want to use the pools as your deciding factor on which resort you choose. Be sure to read about all of the differences between Value, Moderate and Deluxe resorts
General Park Tips
3. It’s important to know where the crowds are going to go as soon as the park opens.
At Magic Kingdom, they will head towards Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Fantasyland (mainly Dumbo and Peter Pan) and Space Mountain.
At Epcot, they will head towards Soarin’ and Test Track.
At Animal Kingdom, they head straight back to Kilamanjaro Safaris.
At Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Mania is the main attraction with some people heading towards Tower of Terror and Rocking Roller Coaster.
4. FASTPASS is a wonderful program that Disney offers all their guests. Fastpass essentially reserves you a spot in a shorter line during a specific hour during that day. To get your Fastpass ticket, you will look for the Fastpass machine located outside select rides. You insert your park ticket and it will give you a Fastpass ticket with a return window printed on the front. When the time comes for you to redeem your Fastpass ticket, return to the ride but use the Fastpass entrance. You will then get to skip ahead of all the people in the regular queue and you will feel like a celebrity! See the park map for all the details on which rides have Fastpass.
5. Dining with the characters is a great way to collect autographs while feeding your family. Each park has at least one character meal. At Magic Kingdom, it’s Crystal Palace (with the gang from Pooh) and Cinderella’s Royal Table (with Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle and Sleeping Beauty). At Animal Kingdom, it’s Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. At Hollywood Studios, it’s the Playhouse Disney Characters at Hollywood and Vine. At Epcot, it’s the Princesses at Akershus in Norway or Mickey and the gang at Garden Grill near Soarin.
6. If one of your souvenirs breaks while you are on vacation, Disney will replace it for FREE! Just take it to the nearest store that carries that product and let the Cast Member know the issue. On the last trip, we had to replace 3 different items including a pen that ran out of ink and a lanyard that broke.
Magic Kingdom Tips
7. Want to enter the Magic Kingdom before other guests? Just book a dining reservation in the 8 o’clock hour with either Crystal Palace or Cinderella’s Royal Table. You should be able to get a picture of Cinderella’s Castle without any other guests in the photo! Sometimes the Photopass photographers are out to capture the moment for you.
8. The World Showcase is an excellent place to meet characters and it is the only place you will find Mulan. Be sure to check The Times Guide when you enter the park for exact Meet ‘n Greet times.
Animal Kingdom Tips
9. Did you know that there is a secret entrance to the Animal Kingdom? If you go through the Rain Forest Cafe’s gift shop and out the doors at the back, there is a fun garden type area with oversized vegetation. There is also a working turnstyle with a CM that you can use to get into the park! A lot of people don’t know about this and thus it isn’t very busy.
Hollywood Studios Tips
10. The most popular ride at Hollywood Studios is Toy Story Mania. Almost everyone at Rope Drop will be heading towards the ride. Your best option in the morning is to send one person from your group to FASTPASS the ride. You can take everyone else to meet the characters by the Sorcerer Hat followed by Buzz and Woody (located across from the Toy Story Mania ride).
Click here to read the entire 101 Best Disney World Tips list from Couponing to Disney.