Inspire your kids to read all Summer with one of these Free Summer reading programs – kids can earn free books and prizes.
Kids ages birth – 12 years old can enter their reading minutes in Scholastic’s Read for the World Record challenge. Kids can record their reading minutes online, find book lists, earn prizes and parents or teachers can track their reading progress.
Half Price Books hosts a summer reading program is held during June and July.
- Read for at least 15 minutes each day in the months of June and July. (Grown-ups may read aloud to kids who are still learning.)
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you’ve read 300 minutes, turn in your completed log to earn HPB Bookworm Bucks for each month.
- We’ll award one top reader per age group each month with a TOP READER prize – a $20 HPB Gift Card!*
- Click here to Print off your reading log and record your hours — They also have some fun printable booklists and a certificate for the kids too.
The Barnes & Noble Summer reading program is back! This Summer your child can receive a FREE book when they read 8 books over the summer.
Here Is How:
(PDF).Step 2. Bring the completed Reading Journal to your local B&N store.
Find a Store.
Step 3 .Choose a FREE BOOK from our selection on the Reading Journal list at the store… Enjoy reading!
Keep your kids reading all Summer long with Pottery Barns Summer reading program – Open to kids ages 10 and under, Pottery Barn Kids stores offer free summer reading sessions, book logs, list of recommended books and a chance to win prizes. It begins May 16th and ends August 26th. Click here for a location near you and to get more information.