Summer is just weeks away and in our home that also means plenty of road trips are about to begin. I love a clean and organized car when I’m traveling even tough I know road trips also create car messiness. This week we will focus our 30 Minute challenge to getting our cars road trip ready for summer with my Eight Tips To An Organized Car.
So, Whether you are taxiing kids around town on a daily basis or about to hit the road for a Summer road trips, having an organized and kid-equipped car makes the ride go much more smoothly.
1. Car garbage can: Line a plastic cereal dispenser with a small garbage bag and now you have an instant trash can for your car.
2. Document file: Use a portable file folder that can fit into your glove compartment to hold:
– Auto insurance cards and information
– Car registration
– Emergency money ($10 – $20), just in case
– Personal contact information
– Emergency contact information
– Pens, stamps, a small pair of scissors and small pad of paper.
3. “Snack attack” bin: Tired of hearing “I’m hungry” while on the run? Then create a “snack attack” bin for your kids filled with healthy snacks that they can easily access. Click here for complete how-to instructions.
4. Kid Corral: Toys, hand held games, books, crayons and all the toys that accumulate in between and under the seats in your car need a place to be corralled while on the road. Use an over-the-door shoe bag that you cut to fit and hang on the back of your car seats, allowing your kids to fill the many pockets with their things. Use bins with lids and handles to gather their toys, which are easily removed from the car when not in use or stored under seats.