Save time and your sanity by using your freezer for the holidays by planning, preparing and baking ahead – Today’s Freezer-Friendly Holiday Cookie recipes from Better Homes and Gardens will simplify your upcoming cookie exchanges, gift giving and entertaining with over 20 recipes that can be made ahead and placed in the freezer ready for the holidays and celebrations.
Here is one of the over 20 recipes you can find by clicking here
Salted Chocolate-Caramel Rounds
A gooey chocolate-caramel center is the surprise in these cookies; the caramel glaze and sprinkled coarse sea salt are the eye-catchers. Keep your counter mess-free by drizzling the cookies over a piece of waxed paper.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 36 milk chocolate-covered round caramels
- 12 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream
- Coarse salt
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Press a chocolate-covered caramel into each ball and shape dough around caramel to enclose. Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
5. To decorate, in a small saucepan combine vanilla caramels and whipping cream. Heat over medium-low heat until caramels melt and mixture is smooth. Drizzle melted caramel mixture over cookies and then sprinkle cookies with coarse salt. Let stand until set.
TO STORE: Layer undecorated cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months
Click here to discover more Freezer cookie recipes from Better Homes and Gardens.