Save time and your sanity by using freezer meals for your upcoming holiday meals – Today’s California Quiche recipe that can be made ahead and placed in the freezer ready to thaw and bake when your in need.
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can diced green chilies
- beat together the eggs, milk and salt.
- spread the Monterey Jack cheese on bottom of crust
- Spread the green chilies over the cheese
- pour egg mixture over the cheese and chilies
- Top with cheddar chess
- Bake using a disposable pie pan at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean.
- Leave quiche in pie pan and place in zip loc bag for freezing or wrap in plastic wrap.
- On serving day – remove quiche from freeze and allow to thaw thoroughly then place in oven at 350 degrees and heat until warm.
You can add additional meats and veggies to this quiche such as bacon, mushrooms etc.