Add Turkey fun to your dessert buffet or dinner table with these fun edible Turkey Treats.
Turkey Treat Holder
from : Fiskars
Serve snacks Turkey style with this simple to make Turkey treat holder
1. Cut the back third off from a half sphere of foam. (Leave full half-sphere to make a larger surface of treats.
2. Paint it and small foam ball for head brown and allow to dry.
3. Using the UltraShapeXpress on a craft mat, cut 8.25 inch circles using Super Sized Circle templates.
4. Cut each circle in half using trimmer and roll into cones, leaving a hole at the bottom just big enough to fit over a lollipop stick.
5. Insert lollipop sticks into turkey to hold cones. Be sure to keep all sticks at an angle pointing up so snacks won’t fall out of cones. Also if using only two-thirds of the foam sphere, point the cones slightly forward so the turkey doesn’t become back-heavy to tip.
6. Insert cones over sticks and fill with treats. Attach face with toothpick.
7. Add a ‘snacks to gobble’ sign cut from the Bubbles template and attach with toothpick.
Click here for more fun Thanksgiving ideas from Fiskars.
Oreos, malt balls, candy corn, peanut butter Cups and a little frosting are all it takes to make these fun edible Oreo Turkeys. What a fun place setting favor to put at each child’s seat – or even the adults will enjoy this Turkey treat from Our Best Bites.
from : Kellogs
Rice Krispie treats turn Turkey with this fun and simple recipe from Kellogs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 24 lollipop sticks or wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups candy corn
- 48 small white candies
Going Shopping Send recipe to your mobile by E-mail
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 24 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Insert lollipop stick into each. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm.
4. In microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip each ball into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Return to wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes more or until chocolate is almost set. Decorate with candy corn for tail feathers and beak, gently pressing candy into chocolate and cereal mixture. Press in white candies for eyes. Let stand until firm.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
No mixing needed with this instant Turkey cookie recipe using Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies or 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies (24 cookies)
1container (16 oz) chocolate creamy frosting
Orange decorating icing
Black decorating gel
Miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bits
- Bake cookies as directed on roll or package. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into 1-quart Ziploc® Brand storage bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag. On each cookie, pipe frosting on outer edge of half of cookie. Arrange candy corn over frosting for feathers.
- Pipe orange icing onto each cookie to resemble turkey face and feet. Use orange icing to attach baking bits to turkey face for eyes. Pipe black gel on baking bits for centers of eyes.