By: Chris Spradlin
YOU ARE NOT WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT YOU!
YOU ARE WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT YOU!
- About 58 percent of kids and teens have reported that something mean has been said about them or to them online.
- 77 percent of students have admitted to being the victim of one type of bullying or another.
- 58 percent of kids admit to never telling an adult when they’ve been the victim of a bullying attack.
(to see more statistics and view the source of statistics, GO HERE)
So when I was in Jr. High a kid named Scott decided to make it official pick on Chris Sprad day.
I remember walking into school sporting my Jordache jeans, turquoise Polo, white Barracuda jacket (couldn’t afford a Members Only) and boat shoes. I guess that my style was sissified or something because Scott called me faggot, queer and led me to believe that I was a no good piece of crap.
I wish my parents had taken the time to teach me that…
I AM NOT WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT ME!
I AM WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT ME!
Parents, your kids will be tempted to believe the lies launched at them by the enemy this school year! They will be tempted to believe that…
- They’re not good enough
- They don’t have what it takes
- Because they didn’t make the team they are unworthy
- If they don’t start they suck
- They are stupid if they don’t make A’s and B’s
- They are ugly and a nobody
This is a lesson that so many parents forget to teach, but this may be the SINGLE MOST important lesson that you could ever deposit deep into your daughters DNA.
You gotta teach your kids that…
- THEY ARE THE SON’S AND DAUGHTERS OF THE LIVING GOD: John 1:12
- THEY ARE THE FRIEND OF JESUS: John 15:15
- THEY ARE NO LONGER A SLAVE TO SIN: Romans 6:6
- THEY ARE ACCEPTED BY CHRIST: Romans 15:7
- THEY ARE A NEW CREATION IN CHRIST: 2 Corinthians 5:17
Will you commit to having this conversation with your son/daughter? If so, leave a comment and let me know that you’re in.
* Chris Spradlin founder of EpicParent.tv, a movement that is uniting, transforming and influencing families all over the globe.