School is back in and the fall craziness of activities has begun, our lives can quickly get crazy.
And putting dinner on the table each night can easily become a frustration. Is this true in your home – is it crazy trying to get dinner on the table
Rather than being frustrated this fall, Try creating a list of eight theme nights to assist you in creating an express meal plan, quick and simple.
You can then rotate these eight theme nights over the fall choosing a variety of meals from each theme to feed your family without a lot of work.
You can create a fall express meal plan with these eight themed nights:
1. Pasta Night – raviolis, spaghetti, lasagna, pesto sauce, chicken fettuccine alfredo, macaroni and cheese, tortellini.
2. Soup/Stew Night – chicken noodle soup, chili, taco soup, beef stew, minestrone soup, corn chowder, turkey stew.
3. Build It Yourself Night – pizza, tacos, burritos, baked potatoes, hamburgers, salad, camp stew, waffles.
4. Slow Cooker Night – chicken fajitas, pot roast with vegetables, corned beef and cabbage, pulled pork sandwiches, barbeque ribs.
5. Casserole Night – lasagna, shepherd’s pie, homemade macaroni and cheese, chicken noodle casserole, enchiladas, baked ziti.
6. Sandwich Night – grilled cheese, BLTs, French dips, melts, paninis, wraps, deli style, gyros.
7. Rotisserie Chicken Night – stop by the grocery store or warehouse store and pick up a rotisserie chicken. Serve as is with side dishes and a salad or make one of these meals – chicken wraps, quesadillas, barbeque chicken sandwiches, chicken tacos, chicken potpies.
Left-Over Night – empty out the fridge and create a left-over night. This can also include the items in your freezer. Grab a half-opened bag of chicken fingers, etc. and put out all the leftovers on the counter for everyone to enjoy!
What ideas do you have to add to the fall express meal plan ? Get started meal planning and begin to enjoy your fall craziness just a little more knowing your meals are planned .