I love deals and buying things to use in the future. So, After the kids were off to school on Tuesday I headed out to see what I could find in the Valentines day clearance sales – there are so many great buys and ways to use these deals beyond Valentines day.
I went to Target, Walgreen’s , Fred Meyers and Big Lots – try your local Big Box stores, Drug Stores and grocery stores even department stores for more great clearance deals.
Here is what I found and what to look for:
1. Gift Wrap – perfect for to wrapping any upcoming birthday party gifts. You can pick up wrapping paper, tissue paper, gift bags , party bags etc
2. Groceries- I found Valentine funfetti Pillsbury Brownie Mix – it can be used with out the Valentine sprinkles in the future. Look for other groceries that are now being cleared out because they had a Valentine them to them that you can use still cake mixes, snack foods etc.
3. Paper goods – Valentine theme ones for next year, or non heart ones and solid colors for upcoming birthdays, mothers day, for 4th of July and Christmas.
4. Baking items – from Pans to cupcake holders. I found: Cake Sprinkles for decorating cakes, cookies and cupcakes year round and a Heart shaped pan that I can use next Valentines day or for my teen daughters to use when making their friends Brownie pizzas or BIG cookies.
5. Table ware – Table cloths, runners, decorations, cups, glasses, serving bowls etc. I found Place mats that I will use next year during the month of February. Look for solid colors for year round use.
6. Decorations – Wreaths, signs, candles, holders etc. These can be put away for next Valentines day or possibly used for 4th of July of Christmas if appropriate.
7. Frames – Buy them in Solid colors red and pink for use around the house or other holidays 4th of July , Easter, Christmas or next Valentines day.
8. Easter – Purchase Clarence candy and toys to use i your child’s Easter basket and as plastic egg fillers.
9. Operation Christmas Child – A perfect time to find deals on items you can use next fall when filling your Operations Christmas Child show boxes . Stuffed bears, toys etc.
10. Don’t Forget – t Craft items and Next years valentines Gifts, and class mate exchanges.