1. Prepare a package of lime or apple Jell-O as directed and divide among 8-ounce mason jars or clear bowls, filling only halfway; refrigerate them until firm.
2. Prepare another Jell-O flavor, such as cherry, berry-blue, or grape. While Jell-O is cooking, place three gummy worms on top of set gelatin and let another hang over the lip. Pour second flavor over the worms, filling to the top; refrigerate
from : Parenting.com
Use any food coloring you like to create these chewy snakes
Yield: About 8 snakes
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 Tbs butter
- One 10-oz bag marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- Cooking spray
- Red fruit leather
Safety note: Always supervise children under 4 with small candies, raisins, and other choking hazards.
1. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt peanut butter, butter, and marshmallows, stirring until smooth, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; stir in a few drops food coloring, then add cereal.
3. Coat a 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray, then spread mixture evenly in the pan. Let cool 20 minutes.
4. Invert pan on a cutting board and slide out the cooled square. Cut it into about 8 long rectangles.
5. Mold each rectangle into the shape of a snake and press in 2 raisins for eyes and a pointed sliver of fruit leather for the tongue.
from: Betty Crocker
|4 1/2||cups Corn Chex® cereal|
|1/2||cup semisweet chocolate chips (3 oz)|
|1/4||cup peanut butter|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|3/4||cup powdered sugar|
|1||cup candy corn|
|1||cup salted cocktail peanuts|
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave about 15 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Add candy corn and peanuts; shake to mix. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.