from: Susan Fox
24/7 MOMS Family Life editor
Recently we celebrated our son’s 10th birthday with a Game board party. Below are the various tings I did to create a fun party.
– First I bought a bunch of old board games at a thrift store for $1 and $2
– I decorated the table by first laying down a bright colored plastic tablecloth. Then I used cards and money from Monopoly and other game cards, scattering them about, then topped the table with a clear plastic table cloth.
-I used hard plastic game pieces from Monopoly, Sorry, Scrabble, Chessmen,Connect4, etc. to fill a large clear vase as a centerpiece.
-I used an old Monopoly game board, covered with plastic wrap, as the cake platter.
-I used the old game boxes and stacked them on the table for decoration.
– Each place setting received the same amount of Monopoly money which was then used… to buy the party food: Hot dogs, chips, watermelon, pop, ice cream cones.
– I placed food in stations with signs showing the price.
– We played board games.
– Each guest went away with a brightly colored goodie bag including Uno-Cards, a movie size candy treat and an individual bag of popcorn.