This 4th of July craft idea is a great way to decorate your picnic table this summer. Your table will be decked out in red, white, and blue with this painted firecracker centerpiece.
- Old broom handle
- Power saw or hand saw
- Paint–red, white, blue, and yellow
- Brown ink
- Wooden craft stars
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Wooden base
- Cut old broom handle into sections of varying lengths with your saw.
- Sand all of your handle sections down if they are rough or have paint on them.
- Paint handle sections. After they are dry, add a bit of brown ink and smudge it around to make them look a bit antique.
- Sand them again.
- Use a push pin to poke a hole in the top of each firecracker piece.
- Cut a random length of wire and wrap it around a pencil to curl it. Leave both ends straight to attach to the firecracker and to the star.
- Use Superglue to attach the wire to broom handle sections. Just put a little dab over the hole you made with your push pin and stick in your wire.
- Paint wooden craft stars and sand them down.
- Attach painted stars to the other end of the wire using hot glue.
- Attach the firecrackers to the wooden base with hot glue.
Find this project with 20 different 4th of July crafts in the 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010 eBook.