Today 24/7 MOMS brings you 4 simple grilled potato recipes in our series of weekly Summer grilling recipes. Stop in each Monday for your new Summer recipes.
4 medium red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Barbecue Seasoning or 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
1. Toss potatoes with oil in large bowl. Add Seasoning; toss to coat evenly.
2. Place potatoes and onions on large wide sheet of heavy duty foil. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to tightly seal packet.
3. Grill over medium-high heat 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning packet over halfway through cook time.
from: All Recipes
- 4 red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Layer sliced potatoes on aluminum foil with the onion, garlic, basil, and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Fold foil around the potatoes to make a packet.
- Place potato packet on heated grill over indirect heat, and cook for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Turn over packet halfway through cooking.
Grilled Potato Planks
- from: Cooks Recipes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 pounds (about 3 large) unpeeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- Preheat grill.
- Combine oil, garlic, rosemary, and salt in a dish. Brush both sides of potato slices with oil mixture.
- Grill potatoes for 8 minutes or until soft. Turn and continue grilling 10 minutes longer or until cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Serves 4. – Cooking time: 18 minutes.
Grilled Potato Skins
from: Taste of Home
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and onions. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 appetizers.
More Grilled recipes featured at 24/7 MOMS:
4 Grilled Summer vegetable side dishes