Martha Mommy to the rescue with 3 simple and elegant Mothers day recipes.
Thee were also the 3 elegant sweet recipes featured at our 2010 National MOMS Nite Out.
Easy Puff Pastry Hearts
from: Recipe Roll
Mixed Berry Pizza
from: Taste of Home
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 11 ounces Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Unroll crescent roll dough and place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the preserves and confectioners’ sugar; spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Just before serving, arrange berries on top. Cut into 20 pieces. Yield: 20 servings.
|Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting|
from: Betty Crocker
The combination of lemon and strawberries is classic. Perfectly portioned cupcakes let you indulge in dessert with little guilt!
|1||box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix|
|Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box|
|3||tablespoons grated lemon peel|
|4||to 6 medium strawberries (about 4 oz), hulled|
|1||container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting|
|Garnish, if desired|
|Lemon peel curls|
|Print these coupons…|
|1. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites and adding grated lemon peel. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.|
|2. Place 4 oz strawberries in blender. Cover; pulse 20 seconds to puree strawberries. Pour 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree into medium bowl. Stir in fluffy white frosting until well mixed.|
|3. Generously frost cupcakes. Garnish with quartered strawberries and lemon peel curls.|
|High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions for cupcakes on cake mix box.|