from: Taste of Home
- 12 slices cinnamon bread, cubed
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle almonds over egg mixture. Combine butter and remaining brown sugar; drizzle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with raspberries. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Egg and Bacon Casserole
Every Sunday is family breakfast day at our house. And I am not a big fan of eggs. But I found this great recipe that even the kids and I will eat!
from http://www.allrecipes.com/ It Will make a great addition to your Mothers Day Brunch menu and kids love it.
from: Taste of Home
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Cover surface of mixture with waxed paper; refrigerate until cooled. Fold in whipped cream. Serve with fresh fruit. Yield: 5 cups.
4 large fresh or frozen strawberries, plus more for garnish
2 cups ice cubes
1/4 cup plain or vanilla sugar free, fat free yogurt
1/4 cup orange juice
1 packet No Sugar Added Classic French Vanilla Flavor CARNATION® INSTANT BREAKFAST ESSENTIALS™ Complete Nutritional Drink
1 packet artificial sweetener
2 mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
PLACE strawberries, ice, yogurt, orange juice, Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials, sweetener and mint in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Garnish with additional strawberries and mint.