Every kid loves treats even kids that have allergies. But treats are not as easy to find when your child has food allergies. With the upcoming Easter holiday you might be looking for some yummy alternative healthy treats to serve or place in your child’s Easter basket and HomeFree cookies has just the perfect treats for you.
According to a recent study conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics, since 1997 the number of children with food allergies has increased by 18 percent. At the present time, four percent of children in the United States suffer from food allergies! As summertime approaches we want to remind parents about the importance of providing safe snacks for summer camps , pool parties, and play dates as it’s important that kids have baked treats they can all share together – with or without allergies. Inclusion is key.
HomeFree cookies are a better snacking option for both kids and parents as they are organic, made from wholesome whole grain and free of common food allergens including peanuts, tree nuts, dairy and eggs. Unlike most food allergy products, HomeFree cookies taste great – not like the cardboard box they come in.
Created by Jill Robbins, a clinical psychologist and author of “Allergen Free Baking,” she turned to baking when her son was diagnosed with severe food allergies. Jill’s goal was to create delicious, wholesome treats that her son, and everyone with or without food allergies, can enjoy together. Today, her company makes a variety of cookies and coffee cakes in a dedicated baking facility, where it conducts allergen testing on ingredients and random product batches to ensure that each product is free of common food allergens.
HomeFree products are:
– Free of peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and dairy
– Certified whole grain – each cookie serving contains at least ½ serving of whole grains
– Certified organic
– Fine for most people allergic to wheat (not gluten-free; contain oats)
– Fine for most people allergic to soy (most contain soy lecithin)
– Baked and packaged in a dedicated bakery
– Allergen tested
– Without trans fat or cholesterol
– Without corn sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavors, MSG, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
– Certified vegan (oatmeal cookies, and coffee cakes)
– Certified kosher pareve and some available Pas Yisroel
HomeFree cookies are available for purchase through the company’s website and at more than 300 retail locations nationwide including select Whole Foods and Shaw’s stores (throughout New England), as well as at a growing number of institutions such as schools, camps, and sporting venues.
WIN: 24/7 MOMS and HomeFree cookies are giving away TWO boxes of their cookies to two of the 24/7 MOMS.
Enter for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed along with your email address.
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on April 11, 2010.
*We received complimentary HomeFree cookies for review no financial compensation was received.