Easter is almost here and the planning has begun. 24/7 MOMS has discovered a few new recipes to help you create an Egg-stra simple Easter dinner.
Easter Ham with Cherry Sauce Recipe
from : taste of home
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Score surface of ham with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. Combine the brown sugar, syrup and mustard; rub over ham and press into cuts.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- For cherry sauce, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and extract. Serve with ham. Yield: 8-10 serving.
Creamy Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- 6 medium (about 2 pounds total) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
RETURN potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk and butter. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
NOTE: Chopped green onions, chopped parsley or cooked, crumbled bacon may be added to mashed potatoes.
Parmesan – Garlic Butter Green Beans
from: Betty Crocker
4 cups Green Giant® SELECT® frozen whole green beans
2 tablespoons butter
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Cook green beans as directed on bag to desired doneness–except do not season to taste; drain.
Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is tender
Pour garlic butter over cooked green beans; stir to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently.
Baked Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
1 lb asparagus
1 Tbl olive oil
2 ½ Tbl grated parmesan cheese
1 ½ Tbl soft white bread crumbs
2 tsp margarine
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Toss asparagus spears in 1-2 tsp olive oil and arrange in baking pan .
Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Bake uncovered until asparagus is just tender, about 15 minutes.
Simple Broccoli Salad
½ c mayonnaise
¼ c sugar
1 T. vinegar
Cut broccoli and cauliflower into Florette’s. Add cheese, onion and bacon. Mix in dressing. Chill for 1 hour or more.
Easter Carrot Salad
2 pounds raw carrots sliced in circles
1 purple onion, sliced thin
1 green pepper thinly sliced
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salad mustard
1 can tomato soup
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Place carrots in boiling water Blanch the carrots for about 30 seconds. Place into ice cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
Place carrots in a large bowl, add in onion and green peppers.
Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl then pour over carrots.
Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
Adorable Edible Easter Dinner Rolls