by: Tanya Peila
24/7 MOMS Project Manager
I started Freezer Cooking a couple months ago and love it. It makes it SO easy for me not have to think about what is for dinner every night! However it can be time consuming. Thanks to allrecipes.com
I am able to find a recipe and change the serving size to accommodate my freezer cooking schedule. However, after that I have to print all the recipes and then I enter the ingredients into Excel, blah blah blah. sounds like a little too much time huh!
Well I recently was able to review a great new recipe software called The Dinner Solution
. The Dinner Solution helps me tremendously with my freezer cooking and meal planning!
1. Select the meals that you will serve during the next week (or month or whatever time frame you choose), using our unique Meal Planning Calendar.
2. Next, you will print your Weekly Grocery List with the a click of a button.
3. Print your lists, instructions, and labels for any freezer meals that need to be assembled and frozen for that week or month.
4. Print your weekly “What’s For Dinner” calendar and post it on your fridge. You and your family will see at a glance what you are serving for dinner that week!
5. Go grocery shopping with your custom list. See how much faster your trip goes because you are simply buying what is on your list.
6. Each morning that week, simply refer to your “What’s For Dinner?” list on the fridge and review how you will prepare your meal that night.
Now it does take a little time to start with because you have to enter all your frequently used recipes into the system but a little start up time is to be expected to gain all those useless hours of entering items into Excel right?
The Freezer Cooking module of the software in still having little perks added. one being the ability to change serving sizes. So until that perk is finished I just enter my recipes as found on allrecipes.com
in the serving size I need for freezer cooking. Also the Freezer Cooking module is only offered with the Premium software package.
Other than that this software has saved me a TON of time! Now I can go play with my kids, clean the house, pay the bills, go out with my husband, or any of life’s other important tasks, because I no longer have to worry about dinner.
24/7 MOMS and The Dinner Solution
are giving away one premium Dinner Solution software package to TWO lucky readers!
Enter for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed along with your email address.
2. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment that you are a subscriber along with your email address.US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on February 28, 2010