Invented by a Kid, Loved by All
In 1905, 11-year-old Frank Epperson left a mixture of powdered soda, water, and a stirring stick in a cup on his porch. It was a cold night, and Epperson awoke the next morning to find a frozen pop. He called it the “Epsicle.” It was a hit with his friends at school, and later with his own kids. They constantly called for “Pop’s ‘sicle.” So in 1923, Epperson changed the name and applied for a patent. A couple of years later, Epperson sold the rights to the brand name Popsicle® to the Joe Lowe Company in New York. The rest is history!
I recently stopped by the Popsicle web site www.popsicle.com and discovered they have FUN Recipes, g games and even Art ideas on their website and for your little gammers they even have online games. Why not host a Popsicle party.
A fun recipe from the Popsicle website:
Blooming Popsicle® Parfaits
Try a tasty treat the kids young and old will love! Blooming Popsicle® Parfaits are fun to eat and so easy to make! The kids can even help you make them!
- 1 cup slices banana
- 2 cups your favorite Breyers® All Natural Ice Cream
- ½ cup crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 Popsicle® Scribblers®, unwrapped
- 4 gummy worm candies
Into 4 small ramekins or custard cups, evenly place banana. Evenly top with Breyers® All Natural Ice Cream, then sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm. Garnish with Popsicle® Scribblers® and gummy worms. Serve immediately.
TIP: To serve a crowd, line a clean, unused flower pot with plastic wrap, then layer as above, adding additional ingredients as needed.
Slow Melt Beat-The-Clock
See how long the fun lasts! Using a clock with a seconds hand, time your kids as they eat their Popsicle® Slow Melt ice pops. The SLOWEST slurper wins!
My Favorite Popsicle is the Creamsicle or is it the Firecracker or the Big Stick ? Yes, I love Popsicles anytime of the year. So, When Popsicle sent us some FREE coupons to try them out my family was happy to do so and YES we even featured them on a recent 24/7 MOMS Live web show as our sweet of the week..what yummy Sweet of the week it was.
These Make a GREAT Friday Fun Day simple treat.
To enter for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed along with your email address and what your favorite flavor of Popsicle is.
2. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment that you are a subscriber along with your email address and what your favorite flavor of Popsicle is..US entries only. Winner will be chosen on October 18th 2009.