4 very large tart apples, cored
½ cup apple juice
8 Tbsp. brown sugar
12 hot cinnamon candies
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
8 caramel candies
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Remove ½ inch –wide strip of peel off the top of each apple and place apples in slow cooker.
2. Pour apple juice over apples.
3. Fill the center of each apple with 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 3 hot cinnamon candies, 1 Tbsp. Butter or margarine, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Cover and cook on Low 4-6 hours, or until tender
5. Serve hot with whipped cream.
You can make wonderful desserts, like this peach crisp, in the summer by using fruit from farmer’s markets. This simple peach crisp recipe allows you to really enjoy the flavor of the tree-ripened fruit.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours on Low
Yield: 6 servings
2 pounds ripe peaches
2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
3/4 cup (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
1. Peel and pit the peaches.
2. Cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Lightly spray a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with vegetable oil cooking spray.
4. Layer the peach slices in the slow cooker.
5. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
6. Add the softened butter.
7. Combine until the mixture is crumbly.
You can use a fork or your fingers.
8. Sprinkle the butter mixture over the peaches.
9. Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours.
Per serving: Calories 441 (From fat 231); Fat 26g (Saturated 15g); Cholesterol 66mg; Sodium 303mg; Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary fiber 4g); Protein 5g.
24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/4 C. evaporated milk
1/4 C. sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
Place ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Dip pieces of pound cake, fruit, pretzels, cookies or mini marshmallows.
Easy Chocolate Dip Recipe
1 small carton whipping cream
Place whipping cream in crock pot and stir well.
Add chopped chocolate Whisk until smooth and turn crackpot on to low heat for 1 hour. This chocolate dip goes great with bananas, pound cake, strawberries and so much more.
8 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 containers Yo’Plait Vanilla Yogurt
1 small carton Whipping Cream
1 package Bird’s Eye Sliced Frozen Strawberries (thaw to room temp)
Place whipping cream in a mixing bowl and add in ½ cup sugar. Beat until fluffy.
Add in the yogurt and strawberries and mix well. Place in crock-pot for 20 minutes or just until slightly warm.
This dip goes great with pound cake, bananas, kiwi, strawberries and peaches.
Chocolate Brownie Pudding Cake
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 1/2 cups brownie mix (half of a 21.5oz pkg)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon soft butter or margarine
1/4 cup water
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, if desired
Combine 3/4 cup water, brown sugar, and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. In the meantime combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk together or mix well with a spoon. Spread the batter evenly in the bottom of a lightly buttered slow cooker/Crock Pot. Pour boiling mixture over the batter. Cover and cook on high about 2 hours; turn heat off and let stand for about 30 minutes. I made this in a 5-quart pot, but I’m sure it would be fine in a 3 1/2- quart. Spoon into dessert dishes while warm; serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Serves 6 to 8.