By Nancy Peterson and Trisha Novotny
24/7 MOMS top reads for 2009 on creating intentional families.
(not in any particular order – just our 10 favorites)
1) Home Court Advantage by Kevin Leman
-connecting at home and why.
2) The Most Important Place on Earth by Robert Wolgemuth
-how to build a strong home.
3) The 3 Big Questions for a Frantic Family by Patrick Lencioni
-read as a fable, “how to” create a purposeful family using business technique.
4) First Things First by Kurt and Brenda Warner
-told from their view how to build strong families.
5) The Duggars: 20 and Counting by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
-if you like the show then you’ll love this book, otherwise you will like getting practical ideas for running a home.
6) The 7 habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen Covey
-the how to when it comes to creating strong bonded families.
7) Are We Having Fun Yet? The 16 Secrets of Happy Parenting by Kay Willis and Maryann Brinkley
-snapshots of various home building ideas from a real mom of 10.
8) How To keep Your kids on your team by Charles Stanley.
– create strong parent child relationships , with your hands-on presence in parenting.
9) The 10 Commandments of Parenting by Ed Young.
-the Do’s and Dont’s of Raising Great Kids.
10) Bible- got to have a foundation if the other books are going to matter.
I think it is so awesome that you listed the Bible!
Way to go girls… the MUST HAVE book for all your
Great list. I'm going to start checking these books out from the library. I feel like we have a strong family, but as the kids get older and there are more and more influences it is nice to work on building OUR family.