All of my children have an addiction for books and the overfilled book shelves around our house are proof of this addiction, unfortunately so do their parents and once again I have found wonderful Children’s books to use this summer to inspire my kids to read. Did I mention they are a Great deal as well and you know I love great deals.
Kohl’s has cooked up a great way to keep kids reading through the summer months. Now through the end of June, Kohl’s is offering “Duck at the Door” and “Duck Soup” by New York Times best-selling author and illustrator Jackie Urbanovic along with coordinating plush toys. Max the duck and Brody the dog, along with the coordinating books, are available for only $5 each at all Kohl’s stores and online at Kohls.com as part of the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program.
Through the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program, 100 percent of the net profits from sales of the Duck books and plush toys will benefit children’s health and education initiatives nationwide. Since the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program’s inception in 2000, Kohl’s has turned $5 merchandise into more than $126 million that has made a positive impact on the lives of children across the country.
Create Summer Reading fun with these featured books- here are a few ways you might consider featuring Max the Duck and friends through the Kohl’s Cares for Kids program:
· Rainy Day Fun – Kohl’s Cares for Kids books and plush toys can spark a child’s imagination on a rainy day. Read “Duck Soup” then encourage a child to create his or her own recipe… and even test it out in the kitchen (with supervision, of course). Children can also imagine and act out adventures for Max the Duck and Brody the Dog after reading the books.
· Kids Book Club – Develop an early love of reading by starting a book club for kids. Invite a group of parents and children to read “Duck at the Door” or “Duck Soup.” Determine a meeting date, encourage everyone to come with a discussion question and plan an activity to compliment the book, such as making soup.
· Stock Up for Summer Reading – Keep reading skills sharp this summer while your child is away from the classroom. Kohl’s Cares for Kids books are a great way to stretch your budget and add variety to a child’s summer reading list.
· Stretch Your Budget and Build Your Child’s Library – Kohl’s Cares for Kids books are a great way to easily add best-sellers to a child’s bookshelf without spending a fortune. With a new set of books released each season, parents and grandparents can help build a child’s library for just $5 at a time.
· The Perfect Present in a Challenging Economy and A Gift That Gives Back – At just $5 each, the New York Times best-selling books “Duck at the Door” and “Duck Soup” and the coordinating plush toys are great gifts at a great value. Pair up a book with a plush toy and you’ve got a fun gift for only $10!
· Plan a Charity-Focused Birthday Party – Invite guests to bring Kohl’s Cares for Kids books and plush toys as gifts instead of other presents, then donate the books to a local school, library, or hospital.
· Share the Love of Reading – Volunteer to read at a daycare, then leave Kohl’s Cares for Kids books as a gift to the center. Take children to a nursing home to read with residents, teaching them a lesson about volunteering their time in addition to practicing their reading skills.
WIN: 24/7 MOMS and Kohl’s Department store are giving away 4 Book and plush toy sets 2 of “Duck Soup and Max the duck” and 2 of “Duck at the Door and Brody the dog”. To enter for your chance to win, enter your name and email address in the box below and you will be signed up for today’s giveaway as well as be added to the 24/7 MOMS E-list (if you are not already a 24/7 MOMS subscriber). Winner will be chosen on June 12th, 2009.
Love these books, would love to win them for the grandkid!
Wonderful giveaway, thanks so much for the chance!
love the idea for the charity book party!