Keep your kids appetite for reading all Summer long with Half Price Books Feed your Brain Summer reading program. From June 1 – July 31, 2009 Kids ages 12 and under can earn a $3 Half Price books shopping card for each week they rad at least 15 minutes per day!
Simple Steps to Participate:
1. Get a Feed Your Brain reading log at your local Half Price Books..
2. Check off each day you read for 15 minutes or more.
3. Fill out your reading log, and have your parent or guardian sign it.
4. Bring your completed and signed log to your local Half Price Books.
5. Get a Feed Your Brain Reading Reward:
$3 Shopping Card good at all Half Price Books locations.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 every week through Friday, July 31, 2009.
Mon, June 1 – Fri, July 31, 2009.
Click here to find a Half Price Books location near you.
Here’s How It Works:
1. Kids read any eight (8) books of their own choosing.
2. Kids use the Summer Reading Journal to tell us their favorite part of each book. A parent/guardian signs the journal when it’s complete. You can also get a Spanish-language Reading Journal.
3. Children bring their completed Reading Journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 26th & September 7th, 2009.
4. We’ll give them a coupon for a FREE book! They choose from a list of exceptional paperback titles.*
* Eligible books will be listed on the coupon. Choices must be made from available stock. No special orders. Limit of one (1) form per school-age child (grades 1-6), please. Incomplete forms will be ineligible for free books.
Chuck E. Cheese Kids Rewards Calendars
Looking for a fun way to reward your kids for their accomplishments? Download and print free reward calendars to help your kids develop in areas that are some of the most common challenges of parenting.
- Download and print out the calendar
- Mark the days off with a pen or sticker as your child accomplishes their goals
- Bring it in completed to Chuck E. Cheese’s and receive 10 free tokens as a reward
BOOKWORM WEDNESDAYS – Every Wednesday at 10:00 am beginning July 8th for six weeks. A fun and rewarding summer reading program developed to encourage young children to read during the summer months. BOOKWORM WEDNESDAYS entitles kids to free admission to a select children’s film when they present a book report at a participating Showcase Cinemas, Multiplex Cinemas or Cinema de Lux box office. Accompanying parents or guardians and children under six receive free admission and do not need to submit a book report.
Pottery Barn Kids – Book Club
Kids of all ages are invited to join the Pottery Barn Kids story time every Tuesday 11:00am to 11:30am. Members receive an official Book Club Card at their first story time, and a special gift after attending five story times.
To locate a store near you click here.
Borders Summer reading Challenge
Here’s how it works:
- Kids 12 and under read any 8 books.
- List the books you’ve read on the Reading Challenge Worksheet. Have a parent/guardian sign the completed worksheet.
- Bring your completed worksheet to any Borders or Waldenbooks store between May 26 and August 31 to save 50% or more on selected items.
Library Reading Programs: Check with your local Library for their summer reading programs. check out www.summerreading.org for great resources.
Thanks so much for all of the reading info! We've done the Old Spaghetti Factory in the past as well. Read 5 books, get a free kids meal…:-)
One of the books on the PBK list was wrong…it’s “The Relatives Came” by Cynthia Rylant instead of “The Relatives Game.” I wish they would have put the author’s name on the list. I was also shocked to find our local library did not have many of these Caldecott Medal books!! We have had lots of fun reading this list!!