A few weeks ago while out running errands I was listening to my car radio and heard a caller on a radio show talk about a sweet/salty dessert she made using Fritos. That intrigued me to begin my search for using Fritos for dessert. I discovered a recipes that we mamas might want to try out:
Be sure to let us know about your experiences or recipes you might have and love.
Funky Frito Fruckies
- 10 1/2 ounces corn chips
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 11 (1.55 ounce) bars milk chocolate
- In a greased 10 x 15 inch pan, place the corn chips.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour this over the chip and smooth level. Place the chocolate bars in a single layer over the hot mixture and wait a few minutes until the heat melts them and then smooth the chocolate out to form a thin layer. Allow to cool and then break into pieces.