When you turn 16 it is a big deal for you as a teenager. It’s a milestone and a step towards the adult world. The day your child turns 16 will come faster than you can imagine while you are busy running around chasing them as a toddler. Then without you knowing they will be a pre-teen and ready to find their way behind the wheel of a car.
Your teen behind the wheel is a big step, but before they get their license you should teach them a couple of other important life skills and lessons.
Here are 15 things to teach your kids before they turn 16.
- How to dress for an interview
- How to make simple delicious meals
- How to fill up the car with gas
- Eating healthy and exercising is so important
- Never forget to say “thank you”
- Always tell the truth as being trustworthy is a valuable trait
- It’s okay to fail, just get back up and try again
- How to manage time wisely
- Smile at everyone
- Surround themselves with others who push and challenge them in a positive way
- A positive attitude is one of the most important things to have
- How to do a load of laundry
- Always be kind to others, never regret being kind either. This means if you don’t have something nice to say then don’t say anything at all
- Remember to have fun, you don’t always have to be serious
- There is a support system and people who love them. They are never alone, especially when life is hard.
There is a lot of things to teach your teenagers. This is only a good start. What are some things you have taught your teenagers or are going to when you become a parent of a teen?