Wondering how to teach your kids the true meaning of Easter when everywhere you go it’s colored eggs, filled baskets and the Easter bunny – I found several kid friendly ideas to teach our kids about the real meaning of Easter.
Idea#1 – Resurrection Rolls or Buns -Share the Easter story with your children while you create a fun sweet treat that reminds us that Christ has risen and the tomb is empty. Click here for recipe and instructions.
Idea #2 – Resurrection Eggs – one dozen plastic eggs filled with various symbols that are used to teach the story of Easter. The Easter story is broken down into 12 parts to go with each egg. As you read each part of the story the children open each egg to discover the symbol that goes with that part of the story. Click here for directions on making your own set of Resurrection eggs.
Idea #4 – Focus on the family has a great article titled ” Finding Easter in Bunnies and Baskets” by Kim Wier. Below is an excerpt from this article sharing about what a Real Easter Bunny is. Click here to read the full article.
Teach them about Jesus by talking about what a real Easter Bunny is
Use a rabbit picture, a stuffed bunny or even a real one (if you are adventurous) to teach some of the characteristics of Jesus that we should all try to have. By adding a Bible verse to each quality, you will create a true Easter Bunny.
Real Easter bunnies:
- are white as snow because Jesus takes all sin away (Isaiah 1:18b).
- are gentle, kind-hearted and forgiving (Ephesians 4:32).
- have big ears that are quick to listen (James 1:19).
- have big eyes to look carefully and choose what is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
- have no voice for complaining or arguing (Philippians 2:13).
- are quiet in prayer, but hop with thanksgiving and rejoicing (Philippians 4:4-6).
- have big feet to go tell others about Jesus so they can be like Easter bunnies, too (Matthew 28: 19-20).
- eat what is healthy by filling up on God’s word every day (Psalm 119:11).
Idea #5 – More ideas- There are lost of ideas that were linked up on Impress Your Kids blog. Everything from crafts, stories to meal ideas to share the real meaning of Easter with your family. Click here to go to Impress Your Kids and discover more ideas.
How do you teach your kids about the real meaning of Easter?