As a little girl one of my favorite treats to eat on Saturday mornings were the fresh doughnuts my mom made using refrigerated dough or better known as Pillsbury biscuits. Now that I am a mom I began thinking about how may other treats one could create using refrigerated dough here are 6 simple recipes to create treats for breakfast or dessert.
A perfect Spring and Summer dessert
1. Pre-heat oven at 350°F
2. Sprinkle top and sides of biscuits with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
3. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
5. While biscuits are baking slice strawberries and place in bowl mixing in remaining sugar.
6. Once biscuits are.
Moms all over the Internet claim this to be simple and a real crowd pleaser to serve for breakfast – so guess what I’m serving up this weekend? The Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring or what I renamed it as the 5 Minute Sticky Buns. That’s right they take 5 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake and in return you get smiles and thank yous from your little people.
This makes a perfect after school treat or dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
1 Jar Nutella
1 Tube Pillsbury Butter Flake Crescent Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Open the tube of crescent rolls and cut the dough following the pre-cut lines into 8 triangles.
3. Place one tablespoon of Nutella onto the wider end of each triangle. Roll the dough up from the wider end to the smallest point to form a crescent shape roll.
Bake rolls on an ungreased baking sheet for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Bake up a batch of these warm apple bites for an after school snack or last minute dessert with this simple recipe from Food Family Finds. Perfect to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or alone. Click here for full recipe.
1 tube Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
1. pre-heat a Belgium waffle maker
2. Place one rolls in each section of the Belgium waffle maker, lightly close and press down lid.
3. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes
4. Frost with the icing pack that comes with the cinnamon rolls
A perfect sweet treat in mini size.
Yields 16 mini cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon roll Ingredients:
1-8oz tube Pillsbry crescent roll dough
2 Tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons powder sugar ( add more if needed)
3 tsp hot water ( add more if needed)
1. Preheat oven according to package. spread out half of the crescent roll dough, pinch the seams on both sides by flipping dough over
3. Place rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin. Do the same thing with the second half of the dough, then bake according to package directions.
4. While rolls are baking mix together powder sugar and hot water adding in as needed until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls right from the oven