Easter S’more Peeps in a Jar
Are you missing summer and those tasty campfire S’Mores?
Then this is the perfect treat for you to create and give. S’mores in a jar with sweet peeps.
- 1 Qt size canning jar, with lid and ring
- 1 package of graham crackers (1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers)
- 1 large package Easter peeps ® .
- 1⁄3 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 c chocolate chips or Easter M& M’s.
1. Crush graham crackers in a zipper storage bag. Use a rolling pin to crush crackers into crumbs. (You need about 1 1/2 cup).
2. Pack graham cracker crumbs into bottom of quart-sized canning jar.
3. Place Easter Peeps candies inside the canning jar on all sides of the canning jar. Press lightly to create an opening in the center of the jar. ( This will take about 2/3 of a pkg of peeps).
4. Add the light brown sugar to the opening in the center of the Peeps, press to pack it in.
5. Add chocolate chips or M&Ms on top of the light brown sugar. Close jar with lid and sealer ring.
6. Decorate the jar with fabric circle, ribbon and/or raffia.
7. Create and print a gift tag, and type or write the recipe on the tag.
1. Pour contents of jar into a bowl. Using scissors cut the peeps into small pieces. Return the cut up peeps to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; then add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients,
mixing well. Place into a greased 8″ or 9″ square pan, pat it downs gently. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.