If I had to pick only one favorite Children’s book for 2009 it would have to be ” A Glove Of Their Own” A children’s book that is touching hearts across the nation. Written by Debbie Moldovan, Keri Conkling and Lisa Funari-Willever. The first time I sat down with my two little boys and read them this story I struggled holding back the tears, my boys kept saying mommy what is wrong? The story was a gentle reminder once again of how blessed I am and that as a family we need to find ways to serve and give to those in need. The mission of A Glove Of Their Own offers perfect opportunities for all of us to be a part of playing the game forward.
A Glove of Their Own is for the kids who toss the bat to choose captains and pick teams, playing in a neighborhood field or an empty lot. You’ll find no coaches, no concession stands, and sometimes just an old bat and ball. But once the first pitch is thrown, you’ll find the real heart and soul of America. You’ll find baseball in its purest form. And the publisher of A Glove of Their Own wants to help all kids know this simple joy by donating a portion of the proceeds to help bring equipment to the kids who play without it.
“For few things in life are ever as good, as the smell of your own glove, the crack of the wood. Or being with friends, at that one special spot and sharing what you have…. with those who have not.“
Beyond the words of this book is a deeper meaning of the mission behind “A Glove of Their Own.” Bob Solomon is eager to teach the next generation the importance of giving back by becoming aware of those around us who would otherwise go without. He believes this book is the vehicle that will drive us to deliver new and used sporting goods equipment or funds to children in need.
These fundraising opportunities will range from schools to book fairs, baseball venues to retail events. They will be hosting such events including visits by professional players with surprise giveaways, family fun and entertainment. Through these events they anticipate fulfilling their goal of spreading the word of this story as well as raising both awareness and funds for children across the nation. In addition, they welcome the opportunity to join forces with any organization sharing their vision. As a result of that collaboration, they will donate proceeds from the sale of each book to their own organization or children’s charity of your choice.
They are hopeful they will inspire your desire to join them and “Play It Forward.”
Here are some of ideas to help you join their team and… play the game forward.
- Your school can earn $3 for every book sold. Request a form from Bob Salomon via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share the book and its message with everyone you know. By simply telling friends, family, and co-workers about the story and our mission, you become an MVP to kids who play without.
- Purchase a copy of A Glove of Their Own and a donation is made to three organizations, Good Sports, Pitch In For Baseball, and Sports Gift, so they can collect or purchase sports equipment for kids who would otherwise go without.
- Donate your old sports equipment to Pitch In For Baseball, Sports Gift, or a local organization.
- Check out their sites and make a cash donation to Good Sports, Pitch In For Baseball, or Sports Gift.
- Organize a local sports equipment collection drive. This can be done over a short period of time or it can become an ongoing part of your school or organization’s athletic program. (And just think what you can do with all of that extra space in your garage!
- Advertise A Glove of Their Own to your group’s members and community and earn $3.00 for every copy ordered by your organization’s members. They will gladly donate $3.00/book sold to organizations that wish to promote the book to their members and communities. It helps them spread the message, raises funds for their three designated charities, and raises funds for your organization. Simply contact , Bob Salomon at AGOTOTELLUS@AOL.COM and he will give you a code to share with your group. You simply advertise A Glove of Their Own and have your members use the special code as they checkout at www.franklinmasonpress.com. A $3.00 donation is made for all books you sell directly or through the Franklin Mason Press website when the code is used at checkout. There are no fees or quotas and organizations never handle the books or need to be involved with shipping. They can even include links to your organization on our website, sharing your message with our thousands of visitors.
Contact Bob Solomon at email@example.com for more details.
WIN: 24/7 MOMS and A Glove Of Their Own are giving away one copy of this amazing book.
Enter for your chance to win:
1. Become a 24/7 MOMS Subscriber Enter your email address below then leave a comment that you subscribed along with your email address.
2. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment that you are a subscriber along with your email address.
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on December 6th, 2009.