Get ready to THINK after Christmas savings – we have a dozen what to buy ideas, that will save you time and money during the after Christmas sales.
1. Red – I enjoy decorating my home for Valentines day. Over the years I have purchased many of my items during the after Christmas sale. Red Candles, Red paper products, Red Candy, Red dishes, Red towels and even a red miniature Christmas tree that we adorn with heart ornaments and display on a table
2. Green – Green dishes, candles and other items that can be used in your St. Patrick’s day celebration.
3. Gifts – Gifts and more gifts can be purchased for those upcoming Birthdays, Mothers day, Fathers day and weddings. Also keep an eye out for favors and decorations you can use for upcoming Birthday celebrations. Perfect time to fill up your gift closet for the coming year.
4. Easter fun- Purchase your Easter Basket fillers on sale now – Check out the stocking stuffer sections at Target, Walgreens and Walmart .
5. Planning ahead – Purchase the items you know you will need for next Christmas Including Gingerbread house kits, gift wrap, Christmas cards, candles, paper goods, lights, stockings, ornaments, craft kits etc.
6. Ho Ho Ho – Think about your Christmas gift giving list for next year and buy gifts on clearance for teachers, annual gift exchange parties you attend, family members, your children etc.
7. Deals – Look for everyday items you are in need of that prices have been slashed on – Kitchen appliances, dishes, linens, clothing etc.
8. Groceries – Purchase food items that you usually purchase but are are in Christmas packaging. Such as cookies, crackers, cereal, cake mixes etc. Also items such as Kleenex, candles, paper products.
9. Winter Items – Now is the time to etc up on new winter boots, gloves, jackets, and other winter clothing needs. Stores begin slashing the prices the beginning of January.
10. Gift cards – Purchase the unwanted verified gift cards from websites such as Cardpool.com and GiftCards.com. Many people often sell off the gift cards they received as gifts but are not in need of and would rather have the cash. So you et the bargain of discounted Gift Cards.
11. Gift Sets – Stores will begin discounted all the gift sets they had ready for instant gift giving at Christmas. You can pick up gif baskets in various themes from Bath to kitchen. You can dismantle them and create other gifts for coming celebrations, use for personal needs, save items for Easter basket fillers, welcome baskets in your home for guest, next years stocking stuffers etc.
12. Think – When you are out shopping think outside of Christmas and how you can use the items on clearance for other occasions, celebrations and everyday.
What do you buy during the after Christmas sales?