Are you planning a fun Spooktacular celebration this Halloween? I have a fun and simple DIY Utensil holder idea that your guest will go batty over or maybe even get google eyes over.
Step 1: Gather needed supplies
- 2 medium size Mason jars
- 1 can white spray paint
- Assorted spools of 1/4″ decorative Halloween ribbon
- Packages of spiders, bats, google eyes or pumpkin foam or wood craft pieces.
- Westcott Glue sticks
- Choice of Westcott Mini Hot Glue Gun or Westcott Hot Glue Pen
- Festve Straws
- Festive utensils
Step 2: Paint jars
Choose a location to spray paint your two medium sized mason jars.
Place on a drop cloth or layers of newspaper under Jars to protect surrounding areas
Spray entire jar and allow to dry until paint is dry to touch or overnight
Step 3: Attach Ribbon around rim of mason jar
Measure and cut enough ribbon to place around the top opening of the Mason Jar. Use either the Weststcott Mini Hot Glue Gun or Westcott Hot Glue Pen to glue the ribbon onto the jar by placing a thin layer of glue around the outside mouth of the mason jar then quickly place the ribbon on the jar thence into a bow once its in place.
Step 4: Use a Westcott Glue gun or Wescott Glue Pen to glue on your choice of craft foam or wood pieces
Choose which style you want to create – Spider, pumpkins, bats or google eyes jar. Then glue your chosen pieces around jar to create your fun utensil or start holders for your spooktacular celebration.
Read more below about the Wescott Hot Glue Pen and Mini Hot Glue Guns
WESTCOTT HOT GLUE PEN
The evolution of the glue gun starts with the new Westcott Hot Glue Pen. It has an easy todispense trigger and ergonomic design, so precision accuracy can be delivered to every project.
Product features include:
- Non-Stick tip for easy clean-up
- Nozzle changes from blue to red, indicating when the pen is hot and ready for use
- Top-mounted finger trigger allows for controlled glue dispensing
Use it on:
WESTCOTT MINI HOT GLUE GUN
Hours of crafting at your fingertips. The innovative ergonomic design delivers hours of crafting comfort, while the color changing tip lets you know your gun is hot. Product features include:
- Non-Stick tip allows for easy glue clean-up
- Nozzle changes from blue to red indicating when the gun is hot and ready for use
- Flip out stand or built in side resting feature
- Forward positioned ergonomic handle with extra-large trigger allows for better control during use
- Integrated glue stick holder, so your next stick is within reach
Two versions of the Westcott Mini Hot Glue Gun:
High Temp Model that reaches up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit! It can be used on:
- Floral arrangements
- Heavy fabrics
Low Temp Model that can reach up to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. It can be used on: