Read Martha Stewart’s flag-displaying tips to make sure your tribute is a respectful one.
– Do not display the flag in inclement weather.
– Whether displaying the flag vertically or horizontally, make sure the canton of stars is visible on the upper left-hand side.
– Do not let the flag touch the ground.
– The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.
– Before flying a flag at half-staff, hoist to its peak for an instant before lowering it.
Click here for more flag-displaying tips from Martha Stewart.