Creative Fundraising Ideas for Kids in the Mud
By: Wayne Elsey
Kids like to have fun. I don’t know about you, but I know many kids who want to run and if there’s mud, that’s better. There’s a way to let kids have fun and help schools, boosters, and youth groups raise money. And, in this particular fundraiser, there’s no need to donate money, sell candy, cookie dough or anything else.
What I’m talking about is a mud run fundraiser. A mud run is an obstacle course that’s meant to foster team spirit. And, yes, it has mud. The point is to have fun in a creative way. Mud runs can be races, timed or untimed. Typically, when they involve kids and are part of a fundraiser, they are untimed and developed so there’s as much fun as possible.
I’ve been in the shoe business since I was a 15-year-old kid selling my first pair of shoes at a neighborhood retail store. Through the years, I worked my way up and eventually became the president of a shoe manufacturing company. My life changed forever after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. I left the corporate world and became a social entrepreneur.
It’s been more than a decade and I’ve learned that even young kids want to do something good. I’ve learned that by creating mud run fundraisers, we can allow kids, parents, educators and whole communities to get involved in something truly unique. By simply collecting gently worn shoes, schools, boosters, youth groups and others can raise thousands of dollars in a simple and easy shoe drive fundraiser.
Funds2Orgs is the leading shoe drive fundraising social enterprise in North America, with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. That means that you don’t have to take my word for it about what others are saying about us. You can check it for yourself. We do mud run fundraiser and regular shoe drive fundraisers.
We earned that rating with our commitment to excellent service. When a school, organization or group partners with us, we give them the following without any out-of-pocket costs:
- A fundraising coaching team to be a resource from start to finish.
- The shoe collection, including the bags and rubber bands for the first 100 bags.
- The promotion and marketing material is offered digitally so they can be customized to shoe fundraising campaigns.
- A member of the Funds2Orgs driving team will pick-up the shoes from where they’re stored.
- We issue a check within 2 business days of the shoes being received and processed at our warehouse.
With us, you can choose to do a mud run or one of our shoe drive fundraisers, with no mud required. However, all of them offer the following global benefits:
- Our shoe drive fundraisers are proven and we’ve worked with thousands in the USA and Canada to help them raise money.
- The shoes we collect are shipped to micro-entrepreneurs (small business owners) in developing countries. Often, these people are looking for economic opportunities in places where jobs may be scarce due to systemic poverty. The shoes become inventory for micro-entrepreneurs to sell in their local communities.
- Mud run athletic footwear and other shoes that are no longer wanted don’t end up in landfills. When shoes end up in landfills, they can take as many as 80 years to completely disintegrate. All the while, they are harming the environment and releasing toxins into the air.
Maybe the time has come for you to see the creative fundraising ideas Funds2Orgs has with mud run and shoe drive fundraisers?
As promised, click on this link for a great giveaway to help you get started!
- Win a backpack that includes a $50 Amazon gift card
- All of Wayne Elsey’s printed books from the Not Your Father’s Charity book series. This includes his school fundraising book, “Dominate in Your School Fundraising For Success, As Easy As ABC.”
- Funds2Orgs freebies.
- Win a backpack.
- Wayne Elsey’s school fundraising book, “Dominate in Your School Fundraising For Success, As Easy As ABC.”
- Funds2Orgs freebies.
- Win Funds2Orgs freebies, including coasters and magnets for your next fundraising meeting!
Disclaimer: I have teamed up with Funds2Orgs in support of this campaign. We received compensation for participation in this campaign. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.