Disclaimer: I have teamed up with Upromise by Sallie Mae in support of this campaign. We received compensation for participation in this campaign. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
We all know that education is important but let’s face it, its expense can feel daunting when considering our child’s future. According to a recent graduation survey by Upromise by Sallie Mae, Students and parents alike overwhelmingly said the cost of college was their biggest stressor when it came to going away to college (48% parents; 45% students). 52% of parents wish they had started saving for their children’s college education sooner. The Upromise survey had one very clear message: both parents and students are worried about the cost of college. In fact, nearly half of parents and students had concerns about college costs, while fewer than one in four said academic performance was their top concern.
At only three percent, very few parents expect their children to have full-time jobs at college. Because of this, it’s important that parents sit down with their children and discuss their plan for saving for college. By making a plan to save early, students can avoid working undue hours while at school and focus their efforts on academics. A great tool for starting to save is through earning cash back for daily expenses through a Upromise membership.
Upromise by Sallie Mae is a free to join membership service that allows families to earn cash back for college through every day purchases. Upromise members can earn up to 5% cash back just by shopping with Upromise partners —including more than 850+ online stores and 10,000+ restaurants, grocery and drugstores. Popular online retail partners include Macys.com, Staples.com, Groupon and more. In addition to saving 5% when shopping online, users can earn an additional 5% when shopping online with the Upromise MasterCard, totaling 10% cash back for college. When earning cashback through Upromise, be sure to go through Upromise.com to get to your favorite sites, or download the RewardU toolbar, so your account is credited.
To date, Upromise members have collectively earned more than $900 million and counting, helping families contribute to college tuition, expenses and loans. Members can allocate their cash back earnings in several ways to help plan, save and pay for college. Upromise members can:
- Transfer earnings to eligible 529 plans or high-yield savings accounts
- Apply earnings to eligible student loan repayment
- Request a check for cash for books and other expenses
- Split up earnings across multiple beneficiaries
Graduation can be expensive for many families, so be sure to earn cashback for education when you shop through Upromise.com. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!