Save time and your sanity by using freezer meals for your upcoming pre- holiday meals – Today’s Lasagna Roll recipe from Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy that can be made ahead and placed in the freezer ready to thaw and bake during those busy pre-holiday days.
“Not Just for Holidays” Lasagna Rolls
Note: This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Make an extra batch or two and freeze to enjoy later.
- 8 uncooked lasagna sheets
- 3 cups prepared marinara sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta or 2 cups homemade ricotta
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions just until al dente. Drain, pat dry and arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Ladle one cup of the marinara sauce into a baking dish, approximately 9″ by 12″, and spread to coat the entire surface of the dish. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook veal until lightly browned and no pink remains. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Combine cooled veal, ricotta, spinach, basil, 1/3 cup Parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper together in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the filling along the center of each lasagna sheet. Beginning at one end, loosely roll each sheet and place, seam side down, into the baking dish. Fit the rolls snugly against one another.
- When all of the lasagna rolls are in place, ladle the rest of the marinara sauce, evenly, on top of them. Top with the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for another 15 – 20 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
- Let sit for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
Join the 24/7 Moms Newsletter
Never miss a great tip or giveaway again! Join the 24/7 Moms community today!