Save time and your sanity by using freezer meals for your upcoming holiday meals – Today’s Freezer Mashed potato recipe can be made ahead and placed in the freezer ready to be re-heated in the oven giving you the taste of freshly mashed potatoes.
from: Taste Of Home
- 5 pounds potatoes (about 9 large), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with butter. Beat in the sour cream, cream cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper. Transfer 1-1/2 cups to a 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Cool remaining mashed potatoes. Freeze in 1-1/2-cup portions for up to 6 months.
- To use frozen potatoes: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 14 servings.