Need more kid pleasing after school snacks to satisfy those ” I’m Hungry” words as your children arrive home each day from school – try one of these kid pleasing snacks.
- English Muffins
- Grated cheese – either cheddar or Monterey Jack
- Pizza Sauce
- Toppings: Pepperoni, olives, salami etc.
1. Toast english muffin in toaster to crisp it
2. Remove english muffin from toaster – spread pizza sauce on each muffin, sprinkle with shredded cheese and place toppings on.
3. Place english muffins on cookie sheet
4. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes -
5. Pizzas are ready once cheese is melted.
6. Cut with pizza cutter or eat whole.
- 1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 24 slices (about 5 oz.) pepperoni
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato pasta or pizza sauce, heated
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 8 triangles; pat out each triangle slightly.
2. Place 3 slices pepperoni, slightly overlapping, on center of each triangle. Top each with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
3. Roll up, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point. Place rolls, point side down, on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm crescents with warm pasta sauce for dipping.
from: Pillsbury website
- Sliced bread of your choice
- Peanut butter
1. Spread desired amount of peanut butter on one slice of bread.
2. Spread desired amount of Nutella on second slice of bread.
3. Slice banana and place desired amount of slices onto one side of the bread either the peanut butter side or Nutella side.
4. Place two slices of bread together to create a sandwich – now enjoy!
4. DIY fruit Kabobs
- Assorted cut up fruits Bananas, strawberries, apples, oranges, pears, plums, watermelon etc.
- Wooden skewers
1. Place assorted cut up fruits on a plate or in serving dishes
2. Give each person a wooden skewer
3. Allow each person to choose and thread their fruit pieces onto a skewer to create a fruit kabob – fun to make fun to eat.
Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen - visit her site for MORE great recipe ideas.
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup caramel apple dip
- 4 medium tart apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup nut topping (the kind with the ice cram toppings) or chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter.
- Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Place caramel dip into a quart sized zipper bag. Snip off one corner with some scissors and drizzle caramel over the apples.
- Then drizzle with the marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with nut topping and chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
6. Re-useable Snack Holders
Your kids will love discovering their snack each day in these Cupcake push-up holders. You can easily pack them into their lunches as a daily re-useable snack holder or have them filled and ready for after school or on the go snacks.
Fill a dozen of then with assorted snacks allowing your kids to choose one when in need of a snack.
Fill a weeks worth for school lunches making daily packing a breeze.
Wondering where to get your own push-up snack holders?
We found a great deal on them over at Amazon and you can click the box below to order your own set as a back to school surprise for your kids.