1) Which of these objects is dishwasher safe?
b. Copper pots
c. Wooden spoons
2) What’s the best time to run your dishwasher if you want to save money?
a. Before 9 am
b. Around noon
c. After 7 pm
d. It doesn’t matter
3) How long does a microwave typically last?
a. 5-7 years
b. 8-10 years
c. 11-13 years
d. 14-15 years
4) You should always keep the oven door open when you use the broiler.
5) What’s the best way to keep your house from smelling like fish while you’re cooking it?
a. Cover the pan
b. Boil water with a drop of vanilla extract
c. Keep a small bowl of white vinegar by the stove
d. Open the front door and the kitchen window
6) What does the grate underneath your refrigerator do?
a. Protects the condenser coils and allows airflow into the refrigerator for cooling
b. Allows heat to exhaust, keeping your food cold
c. Prevents dust and other debris from getting in and becoming a fire hazard
Answers: 1) A; 2) D; 3) B; 4) B; 5) C; 6) A
* This test was re-printed with permission from HGTV Magazine June/July 2012 edition. Pick up a copy today at your local news stand.