Our family seems to be on the go more in the Spring and Summer months so it seems to be more difficult to get dinner prepared and on the table especially when you are sitting at a little league game at 5:00pm or hanging at the local swimming pool all day with the kids. So it’s time to come up with a list of new make ahead meals ready to feed my family during our busy days.
Try one of these three recipes or My 1/2 Dozen Costco recipes:
These simple to make sandwiches cook all day in your crock pot and are ready to serve when you arrive home. The recipe is from allrecipes.com and takes only 15 minutes to prepare. A Must try on a busy day.
Click here for full Pot Roast Dips recipe
Love serving chili with cornbread? This beefy dish is your favorite flavor combination, with super-easy prep and make – ahead option by Preparing the meat mixture ahead. Refrigerate 3 to 4 days, or freeze up to 1 month. When ready to use, spoon into baking dish. (Thaw first, if frozen.) Top with muffin batter and continue as directed.
Mexican takeout, step aside. There’s a new tortilla bake in town. With a cheesy outside and chicken with tangy sauce inside, this is destined to be a weeknight fave. Make ahead before you head our for your busy day – then once you have arrived back home place it in the oven and dinner is on the table by the time you unpack the swim bag, make a salad and set the table. Click here for this simple recipe from Kraft Foods
The Novotny’s ½ Dozen Costco Meal Ideas:
1. Chicken/Cheese Quesadillas– We purchase the Kirkland pre-cooked, grilled chicken breast. It comes in a 2 pack in the deli/refrigerated food section. I saute the chicken in taco seasoning , then place it on flour tortillas with shredded cheese. Then grill it in a frying pan or griddle to melt the cheese and chicken. Serve with salad, chips, salsa and fresh fruit.
2. BBQ Beef sandwiches –The BBQ beef comes already in its own sauce. You can find this 2-pack(box) in the deli/refrigerated section. We heat up the BBQ beef then place on toasted hoagie rolls. Serve with either fries or chips and some fresh fruit.
3. Rotisserie Chicken – You purchase this fully cooked chicken already hot and ready to eat. Serve with salad and mashed potatoes (instant to keep it simple).
4. Pizza – Purchase a ready bake pizza the easiest meal to pop in the oven on a busy day a $9.99 meal. They are HUGE.
5. Frozen Lasagna –You can find these in the frozen food section in a 2-pack. Serve with French bread, salad and steamed green beans. (These do take a while to bake, so plan ahead.)
6. Chicken Pot Pie –Large enough to feed my family of 7. It is a seasonal item, but I have successfully frozen it, thawed it out and baked it with rave Novotny kid reviews. This is found in the meat section of the prepared food department. (This takes 1½ hours to bake.)
What is your Time Saving Make Ahead Meal?