Combine a package of Chex Party Mix with candy corn and black and orange M&M’s.
- 1/4 cupgreen melting wafers
- 1 cuporange melting wafers
- 1 cuppurple melting wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- 24 largemarshmallows
- Sprinkles, candy corn, and candy icing decorations
- 1/4 cupchocolate chips, melted
1. Place melting wafers in separte small bowls. Microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Insert one end of lollipop sticks into melted green wafers. Push green-colored end of each stick into a marshmallow. Let set 3 minutes.
2. Dunk marshmallows into orange or purple melted wafers, shaking off any excess coating. Place on a sheet of wax paper, and top with assorted sprinkles or decorations.
3. To make faces, place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag, and snip off one tiny corner. Pipe face designs onto marshmallows.
Choking Hazard Alert: Remove any decorations or small pieces of candy before giving treats to children 3 years old or younger.
from: Preschool Rock By Linette Gerlach
Ghost Sticks are great fun to make with your preschooler. They’re a new twist on the chocolate covered pretzel. They’re fairly simple, and you can munch them as soon as you make them, or use them to add a touch of fun to any Halloween display. Check out the other ideas section below for more ways your preschooler can help you use these Ghost Sticks for Halloween fun and giving.
White Chocolate Bark (or white melting chocolate)
Mini Chocolate Chips
Optional: Cellophane and ribbon for decorating
Melt the white chocolate or white chocolate bar in a bowl in the microwave, or on the stove with a double boiler. Follow the instructions on the chocolate package for best results. If you are using a double boiler be extremely cautious with your preschooler around the boiler. An adult should do the melting and dipping portion of the project.
Dip the pretzel into the melted chocolate, and lay on aluminum foil, or wax paper to cool.
While the chocolate is still soft let your preschooler help you insert two chocolate sprinkles for eyes, and a mini chocolate chip for a mouth.